× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router loses connection

mv8167
Tutor

Router loses connection

We just purchased the AX12 and the router loses conection in WIFI and the ethernet. What must I do to get a good connection? We have updated the firmware.

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
RajaDaja
Luminary

Re: Router loses connection

All the AX line of routers from Netgear are dropping both LAN & wireless connections. I purchased both the AX8 & AX12 and they both dropped my LAN connected PS4 pro. I sold the AX8 and I'm looking to sell the AX12.  Not ready for prime time!

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router, RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router, RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 2 of 5
RajaDaja
Luminary

Take it back! @mv8167 wrote:

We just purchased the AX12 and the router loses conection in WIFI and the ethernet. What must I do to get a good connection? We have updated the firmware.

Message 3 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello mv8167,

If you recently purchased your device I recommend contacting our Support Team as your device is provided with 90 days of complimentary support. Please use the link below to access your complimentary support. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/default.aspx

Christian 

Message 4 of 5
JeedeVee
Aspirant

Same issue here! incredible for such an expensive product. The router loses its connection to the internet continuously and also wireless connection becomes an issue then. I've always enjoyed nighthawk routers (have a R7000 in AP mode on the other side of a big house on a different channel) but this one is simply not stable. Kids and wife now burn their 4G capacity without knowing.

@netgear team - is there a stable version on its way? Am I suffering from a hardware defect? pls advice

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7