× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router won’t accept password

pjd813
Guide

Router won’t accept password

Does anybody else have this problem? Occasionally when I try to enter my password the login/password boxes simply reappears. I re-enter admin and then the password and it may accept the entry and occasionally I have to do this a few times before it lets me in. Most of the time I get into my router eventually. Since it “works” I have not looked into it until now. After a few tries now it sends me to a password reset page and it says to try again in 5 minutes after which it brings up the login screen again. Rinse, repeat. I have not been able to get past this today.  Does anyone else have this issue?

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Router won’t accept password

What NG router are you referring too?

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

What browser are you using? Try MS Edge, Firefox or Opera? 

Message 2 of 3

Re: Router won’t accept password

@pjd813 wrote:

Does anybody else have this problem? Occasionally when I try to enter my password the login/password boxes simply reappears. I re-enter admin and then the password and it may accept the entry and occasionally I have to do this a few times before it lets me in.

Any chance that you have browser that is trying to be "helpful" by remembering the login details.

Browsers have been known to overwrite typed in details with out of date stuff in memory.

This this happen with a different browser?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7