× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Smart connect with RAX75 router and AC2100 Genie as an AP

MSBOWL
Follower

Smart connect with RAX75 router and AC2100 Genie as an AP

I'm new to the community and need some help.

upgraded to Nighthawk AX8 enabled WIFI with smart connect & Beamforming enabled.   

Poor coverage in lower part of the home.

Configured Genie AC2100 as an AP with those same features enabled. Also using and same SSID and Password

It is installed in tha area of weak coverage with a WAN (on Genie)  to LANport #2 ( on Nighthawk) Ethernet Cable between them.

Both device are visable on the LAN . When I check attached devices I find some Wireless devices connected to the Nighthawk when the Genie should be closer and visa versa. 

Am I using the right features so that the best wireless frequency and strongest signal deternine which device I am connected to?

Is there a way that a device moving through the home will transfer from the router to the AP and back again when the signal is reduced?

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Smart connect with RAX75 router and AC2100 Genie as an AP

Hello MSBOWL, 

It is up to the device to connect to the network with the best signal. You may try naming the SSIDs different to see if there is any improvement. 

Christian 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Smart connect with RAX75 router and AC2100 Genie as an AP

Hello MSBOWL, 

It is up to the device to connect to the network with the best signal. You may try naming the SSIDs different to see if there is any improvement. 

Christian 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7