× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

So disappointing

Wins10P
Tutor

So disappointing

I have to say I thought I would be upgrading... I’ve had more headaches in the last 3 days than I have had in the last 2yrs! I’m coming from R8300 getting 100mps to 300mbps. I recently went up to 1gbps and went to the mesh system to find out that it’s not meant for 1G. So I went and grabbed the RAX75. Oh boy... this doesn’t provide a significant increase. It’s consistently inconsistent. I’ve had so much dropped signals. I am testing in a dead corner upstairs in my house with a TPLINK extender. My old setup was perfectly fine giving consistent connectivity. Just WOW is all I have to say. I’ll admit I have 2 old products, 1 old laptop and 1 old desktop cpu. But they are running good hardware. Other products in the household include newer products like MacBook Pros, iPad Pro, 4K TV and 4K streaming boxes... yea. Constant inconsistent data spread. I don’t have anything scientific to test but moving from room to room testing the products with speed tests.
Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
RajaDaja
Luminary

Re: So disappointing

Three weeks! Man take it back! You say RAX75? the Costco version? It is mutilated and a total peice of garbage. I made the same mistake, gave up after about 5 days of tinkering. I ended up buying the top of the line RAX200. No regrets

Model: CM1000|Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS® 3.1 Ready, R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router, RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 2 of 3
Wins10P
Tutor

Re: So disappointing

I think i am going to go elsewhere at this point. My first router upgrade had security holes in the AC5300. Go get a mesh system, that flops and now this! i think i have given @netgear too much of my time. It's sad that they try and push these products and charge a good premium for them and we not only invest time but money to find out it's a total fraud. I think there's another company that will appreciate me

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7