× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Strict NAT, maybe this isn't needed? Nighthawk AX4 / AX3000 RAX35v2

DuaneH3
Aspirant

Strict NAT, maybe this isn't needed? Nighthawk AX4 / AX3000 RAX35v2

Sorry in advanced as this is probably answered somewhere but I can't seem to find it.

I recently was given a Nighthawk AX3000 / AX4 / RAX35v2 ( lots of names for this thing? )
It's some kind of 4 stream WiFi 6 Router that I know nothing about but instead of having extenders all around the house for security cameras, streaming devices in 4 different bedrooms, and then the game consoles I thought this may be a good thing to set up so I did and it's been great for everything but the xbox. I decided after I got this to completely take everything off the old router/modem ( i don't know the difference ) and put everything on this so I have it set up and xbox connected via ethernet and i'm getting strict NAT when I port foward I get Double NAT. I've tried 15 different tricks and tips the past few weeks and I got it on moderate NAT for about 20 minutes and it went back to strict. I've also tried to port foward on both my Ubee and Nighthawk to see if that made a difference which it did not.

The Nighthawk is plugged into an Ubee something or other and while the easy answer is to just play the xbox off the Ubee i've hidden the big clunky thing and don't really want to bring it back out from the wall. 

So my questions being what is the one true way to get off strict nat?
Is it any better or worse trying to game plugged into the Nighthawk? 

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DuaneH3
Aspirant

Hey so I fixed this.
Turns out all I had to do was turn on some bridging thing? After weeks of searching I found it.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DuaneH3
Aspirant

Hey so I fixed this.
Turns out all I had to do was turn on some bridging thing? After weeks of searching I found it.

Message 2 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello DuaneH3, 

Thanks for updating your post as it may possibly help others who may have the same experience.

Christian 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7