× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Support: RAX120 WAN Aggregation or not?

jay_w
Apprentice

Support: RAX120 WAN Aggregation or not?

Not to be confused with Ethernet port aggregation for things like NAS devices... So does the RAX120 REALLY do multi link Internet aggregation? The product documentation seems messed up. On amazon, the comparison shows yes in one section but doesn’t show it another. The pictures don’t show WAN aggregation. But users on the forum have indicated that they CAN set it up in the admin site but I’ve seen one post questioning whether the second port was really active or not —- and finally the Netgear product site doesn’t list this as a feature. Please help.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: Support: RAX120 WAN Aggregation or not?

Netgear has added added the ability to configure the RAX120 WAN aggregation (802.3ad LACP) over two ports [WAN plus one LAN] or use the 2.5GbE MultiGig port for the WAN interface since about v1.00.78, after the initial marketing material and documentation was produced. Ensure you use the current firmware from https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RAX120.aspx#download

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Netgear has added added the ability to configure the RAX120 WAN aggregation (802.3ad LACP) over two ports [WAN plus one LAN] or use the 2.5GbE MultiGig port for the WAN interface since about v1.00.78, after the initial marketing material and documentation was produced. Ensure you use the current firmware from https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RAX120.aspx#download

Message 2 of 3
jay_w
Apprentice

Thank you for this! You have made me feel much better about my purchase, especially since I don’t have a NAS... I just wanted an upgrade over my current hardware and the WAN LAG.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7