× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: This RAX80 Is DRIVING ME NUTS

baileyj0611
Tutor

This RAX80 Is DRIVING ME NUTS

ALRIGHT.......First of all, the speeds of this thing are great, and the coverage is great - However, the interface is SEVERLY lacking - It's very amateur and I don't think tthis router should be ANYTHING amateurish.

I have multiple issues:

Running FW 

Trying to update to latest, I guess which is

1.0.2.76 or 1.0.3.88

Doing it automatically through the interface, it fails.

So I download the file, manually upload it - states that "The Firmware File is Incorrect" - Alright, fine.

NOW WHAT?

The issue as to why I'm even updating is obviously security and whatever reasons, HOWEVER - I KEEP GETTING READYSHARE ERRORS!!! Both Mixed with Windows or MAC, the readyshare becomes unavailable  - Windows states "An unexpected network error occurs" - Iv'e tried 3 different hard disks, differently formatted drives, USB3, USB2 - all of it. 

Anyone else keep running into this? 

I really really want to like this router.

TIA. 

Justin Bailey

Sr. Systems Admin.

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi baileyj0611, 

May you follow the article below to update the firmware manually. You may also try updating the firmware using the Nighthawk app. 

https://kb.netgear.com/23960/How-do-I-manually-update-the-firmware-on-my-NETGEAR-router

Christian 

Message 2 of 5
baileyj0611
Tutor

man i've done this a trillion times, I'm tired of this router.

About to go back to Asus.

Message 3 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@baileyj0611 - Send me a private message with your contact info and serial number. I'll see if support can reach out for further investigation. 

Christian 

Message 4 of 5
baileyj0611
Tutor

I finally got it working....

I do NOT understand WHY you MUST use routerlogin.net instead of the IP addres of the router to do a firmware, that seems asinine to me.

Anyway, i'm running on .88 and things seem to be much better - I'm able to use te USB side of things finally.

thanks.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7