× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Time Machine Not Working on RAX120

WaterDragon
Aspirant

Time Machine Not Working on RAX120

I have not been able to get Time Machine working with my Mac and the RAX120.  I am running Catalina (10.15.4).  If I follow the instructions in the User's Guide starting on page 121 (Back Up Mac Computers With Time Machine), I cannot even connect to the router in Finder. If I use the web GUI, I am able to see my connected hard drive in the ReadySHARE menu.  Drive is formatted as Mac OS Extended (Journaled). Has anyone had success with RAX120 and Time Machine? Any help would be appreciated.

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
Newfiedrool
Virtuoso

Re: Time Machine Not Working on RAX120

I don't think you can set the TC up on the RAX120. Ive connected a usb drive to my Mac and my TC has a separate network so once a week I connect to the TC and do a backup. That way I have 2 backups to fall back on.

Message 2 of 6
WaterDragon
Aspirant

Any tips on connecting to the router to even view a remotely connected USB drive? I haven’t even been able to do that. The router actually appears in Finder as a remote windows machine, but I haven’t been able to log in.
Message 3 of 6
racsoboom
Aspirant

same problems, it keeps saying connection failed when i try and connect, let alone find the USB to do timemachine backup

did you find a solution???

thx

Message 4 of 6
WaterDragon
Aspirant

@racsoboom 

No, I have not found a solution yet.  It seems like time machine and USB hard drives were not vetted with the latest version of Mac OS.  It's clearly not a Netgear priority, because it still does not work after nearly a year since this product was introduced.  I'm chalking it up to bad firmware on the router, essentially not being compatible with the latest Mac OS.

Message 5 of 6
racsoboom
Aspirant

Actually when i go to System Preferences, Network. Then click Advanced.
Under the TCP/IP tab i selected ‘Automatically’ from the ‘Configure IPv6’ tab and went OK. Apply. And restarted. Now it works...
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7