× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Tivo peeps! Tivo roamio (built in Wifi) will not connect with new MR60 Nighthawk mesh router

rebparish
Aspirant

Tivo peeps! Tivo roamio (built in Wifi) will not connect with new MR60 Nighthawk mesh router

So mostly all our devices have connected well to our new network router MR60 mesh system.  The new mesh router was just purchased at Costco because we finally got access to fiber, gig internet.  (We have one smartplug that I can't get connected, a 2.4 issue), but our main problem is our Tivo Roamio OTA - which has worked perfectly with our old router that had separate SSIDs for 2.4 vs 5 ghz - will not connect to our WiFi.

Due to the location of the fiber box and the location of the Family room TV & Tivo box, we must have it work on WiFi, which used to work great.  We did temporarily bring the Tivo to the router 3 rooms away & set up a very small tv monitor so we could confirm it worked with ethernet connection plugged directly into the router, and it does work that way.  But we can not get it to connect to WiFi. The DNS and TCP port 'tests' on the Tivo unit "FAIL" as well, so Tivo is saying it does not have access to the TCP ports it needs.  I have found and read the threads I could find in the community related to Tivo access issues. However, I have confirmed in the router settings that uPnP is turned on. DNS is also all set to auto assign, etc.

I can not be the only person having this problem, so now I'm here asking.  The TiVo community doesn't seem to have anything specifically related either.  I am not network savvy and pretty much rely on automatic configurations of routers etc and don't want to go backwards necessarily... BUT I did just buy this router yesterday and if I need to return it to upgrade or get a different type of router system, in order to get around this, I could do that.  I also still have my old Netgear router and wonder if there's some way to put that back into play to get a dedicated 2.4ghz SSID for just my Tivo (and maybe smart plug as well) to use?  This is pretty frustrating.  Any help appreciated.

-Rebecca

Message 1 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Tivo peeps! Tivo roamio (built in Wifi) will not connect with new MR60 Nighthawk mesh router

Hello rebparish,

If you recently purchased the device I would recommend contacting our support team as newly purchased devices are provided with 90 days of complimentary support. You may open a ticket by registering your device using the link below. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Christian 

Message 2 of 3
rebparish
Aspirant

Re: Tivo peeps! Tivo roamio (built in Wifi) will not connect with new MR60 Nighthawk mesh router

Thanks, but I already gave up on the Netgear mesh. Couldn't get smart plugs nor garage door opener connected. Life's too short. Returned it. So never mind.. I'll delete this whole message later if possible.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7