× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Trouble connecting my Echo Dot to my Nighthawk router. any one know what to do to resolve?

burkep61
Aspirant

Trouble connecting my Echo Dot to my Nighthawk router. any one know what to do to resolve?

I bought a Nighthawk AX6 RAX50 router and my alexa echo do will not connect.  any suggestions?

Message 1 of 4
Newfiedrool
Virtuoso

Re: Trouble connecting my Echo Dot to my Nighthawk router. any one know what to do to resolve?

Did you use the same credentials as your old router?

Amazon offer to store your settings on their devices and this creates issues. You need to log into Amazon and find the saved network settings and delete it and try again.

if that's not the issue I would log into Alexa and reset the dot and try again to connect to the network through their setup.

ive had fun and games in the past setting them up, failing to complete the setup and so on.

Message 2 of 4
burkep61
Aspirant

Re: Trouble connecting my Echo Dot to my Nighthawk router. any one know what to do to resolve?

I have reset the dot and that did not resolve. I have completely removed the device and now I can’t get it added back.
Message 3 of 4
Newfiedrool
Virtuoso

Is this the first generation dot by any chance?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7