× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Troubleshooting tips: updating router firmware and GUI language table error

techHA
Follower

Troubleshooting tips: updating router firmware and GUI language table error

STORY OF PROBLEMS:

After receiving an email notice to update firmware for my RAX45 router, I attempted to go on my iphone 6 Netgear Nighthawk app to check for firmware updates.  I got an error message:  unable to check for firmware updates.

I went onto Netgear.com from my surface pro 3, which is connected to the router via ethernet cable to try to mannually update firmware.  >Support, >wifi routers, >6-stream wifi routers, >RAX45 -Nighthawk AX6 6-stream AX4300 wifi router, >Downloads, >Firmware version 1.0.5.106, >Download.

Then, I went to Routerlogin.net, put in my user and password.  >Advanced, >Router Update, >Check for firmware update, >Yes.  I then got the error message regarding GUI language table, and so the firmware was not able to install.

Due to the GUI language table error preventing successful firmware update, I needed to due a factory reset of my router.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR TROUBLESHOOTING the GUI language table error and failure to update firmware:

Using a paperclip, press in and hold for 7 seconds at the back of the router where it says "reset".  Wait for lights to appear as before on the router.

Next, go on the mobile Netgear Nighthawk app and follow instructions to reset router network settings.  I used the same user name and password as before.  Basically, the modem provided by your internet provider needs to be unplugged, then plugged back in.  Wait for the lights to turn on again on your modem as before.

I attempted to check for firmware updates again via the mobile app, but I got the same error message as before.  So, I went back to my surface pro 3 and logged into routerlogin.net and attempted a manual firmware update again, as described in my second paragraph. 

This time, it updated the GUI language table, then downloaded to the latest firmware.  Everything functioned properly afterwards.

In SUMMARY, if you have ERRORS with firmware update or the GUI language table, do a factory reset on your router first.  Then, redo the router network settings as instructed in the mobile app.  Lastly, go into routerlogin.net on your computer(ethernet connected to the router) and do a manual router firmware update

Message 1 of 2
tomg77
Aspirant

Re: Troubleshooting tips: updating router firmware and GUI language table error

my router was a ax6 ax4300, wasn't in the list for some reason.   I had a solution that might be a little less painful than a hardware reset of the whole router.  When you get that "updating GUI language" message the install hasn't finished initializing the router.   If found that if I just killed the whole browser session with the "updating GUI language only take a minute" message and started another one, it let me initialize the router again from scratch and that worked.   Obviously I declined to update the firmware (do it later, after you are initialized) the second time around.  I was doing this with an ipad with a keyboard and maybe that was a problem but it also seemed like it had a bug where if you used that same browser session to login to the admin console again it rejected your valid admin password.   Kill you browser session and use a new browser session to login as admin.

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7