× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to change SSID and password

MightyMouse423
Follower

Unable to change SSID and password

Hi, I am currently trying to change my SSID and password on my AX4 router but every time I try to apply the settings, it shows the loading bar as if it is going to chnage just to load and show the old ssid and password. The firmware is the latest V1.0.3.80_1.0.1, I've tried from the Nighthawk app as well as from the web browser of my computer while connected through ethernet and have gotten the same result. I am not trying to use smart connect and have even done a factory reset on the router with no change. Any other ideas on things I could try?

Thank you

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Unable to change SSID and password

Hi MightMouse423,

May you revert back to the previous firmware version and let us know if your issue persists.

Christian 

Message 2 of 6
khlee
Aspirant

i cant change time zone, my ssid, password..
everytime i changed, click apply, processing bar moving, after finished, nothing happened..
Message 3 of 6
khlee
Aspirant

what is the previous firmware, where to download
Message 4 of 6
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

khlee, 

Please refer to the article below and on step 5, you may select previous firmware versions to manually revert back to.

https://kb.netgear.com/23960/How-do-I-manually-update-the-firmware-on-my-NETGEAR-router

Christian 

Message 5 of 6
Solopsist
Aspirant

I just bought a refurbished RAX40, in anticipation of easy install and improved performance over my older NetGear router, which is now experiencing periodic drop-outs.  At any rate, I too was afflicted with the dreaded inability to save configuration changes regardless of which browser I was using (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Android browser).  They all failed. I tried the android app first, and it got stuck in the saving configuration loop that was unending (assuming due to the Firmware).  I was getting ready to have a lenghty conversation with Tech Support, when I ran across this article, and Rolled the Firmware back from RAX40-V1.0.3.80_1.0.1 (that it came with) to RAX40-V1.0.3.64_1.0.1 (the previous version).  per the instructions in the previous post.  This worked fine, and I can now save configuration changes.

Fix your buggy firmware, and for pitty's sake, test it before pushing it to the community.  This is no way to retain loyal customers.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7