× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to connect to 2.4ghz wifi

hwyman11
Aspirant

Unable to connect to 2.4ghz wifi

After updating to RAX firmware ver 1.0.3.98 I was unable to connect 2 devices to the 2.4 wifi network. I only have 5 devices connected to the 2.4 network. 2 printers and 3 secuity cameras. I also tried an I phone and an android phone and they also would not connect. The only devices that connected were the printers. The message that I received was that the password was incorrect, but it was not. I did not have any issues with the 5Ghz.network. I was updating from firmware ver.1.02.76_1.0.35. After trying mulitple times trying to connect the devices to the network I just went back to ver 1.02.76_1.0.35 and was able to connect the cameras. Also I can connect the phones to the 2.4 wifi network with out issues on the older firmware. Has anyone run into this issue and is there a fix for this. I would like be able to update to the most current firmware.

Thanks 

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Unable to connect to 2.4ghz wifi

Hello hwyman11, 

May you perform a factory reset on the router and run through the setup assistant again. 

Christian 

Message 2 of 3
hwyman11
Aspirant

Re: Unable to connect to 2.4ghz wifi

Resetting did not work. Rolled back to ver.1.0.2.76 and I am able to connect the deivces to the 2.4ghz. network. I beleive it has to do with the firmware. I even tried disabling AX but that di not help.

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7