× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Unable to update RAX80 Firmware, continued

How do I know if it actually reset to defaults? Is there an indicator?

I'm not sure what you mean by 'don't setup anything'. If I'm logging into the router through the web interface, I select 'manual setup', then it makes me set a password and two security questions before it lets me into the interface. That's the only 'setup' I do.

I did the 30/30/30 thing a few times. Each time, I tried a different firmware file. I tried it from the web interface and I tried it from the command line. Same results.

Message 26 of 27
plemans
Guru

@WowMeEvents wrote:

How do I know if it actually reset to defaults? Is there an indicator?

I'm not sure what you mean by 'don't setup anything'. If I'm logging into the router through the web interface, I select 'manual setup', then it makes me set a password and two security questions before it lets me into the interface. That's the only 'setup' I do.

I did the 30/30/30 thing a few times. Each time, I tried a different firmware file. I tried it from the web interface and I tried it from the command line. Same results.

I'm not sure why its not updating and why its not allowing you to force the update using tftp. 

If its working, i'd keep using it. maybe a it'll take the next update. 

Message 27 of 27
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 26 replies
  • 13 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7