× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Uploads Causing RAX120 to drop connection

evnpresson
Aspirant

Uploads Causing RAX120 to drop connection

Hello,

I am seeing a problem where whenever I am uploading a high volumn data to the AX12 router, my device loses connection. This has happened with my mobile device when I'm running multiple speed tests or when uploading files from my computer to a cloud storage or even when on a VOIP call on my computer. I have upload QOS disabled and most other settings are default. I'm on V1.0.1.114 of the firmware which is the latest version but its happened with almost every other firmware in the past that I've used on this router. Can anyone tell me what settings if any I should use to avoid these disconnects? I've checked the logs but they have no entries when this disconnect happens. 

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
evnpresson
Aspirant

Re: Uploads Causing RAX120 to drop connection

I should clarify, I've only tested and seen this behavior on the 5Ghz band. 

Message 2 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi evnpresson, 

You may need to try changing the WiFi channel on the 5GHz band. Let us know how that turns out. 

Christian 

Message 3 of 5
ajab561
Aspirant

I'm experiencing the same issue on the RAX120.  Intense uploads over Wi-Fi cause other devices on the network to disconnect.  My iPhone 11 Pro (Wi-Fi 6) was uploading a large 4K video to iCloud on the 5Ghz band, and it caused my home security system to drop connection on the 2.4Ghz band.  The issue is reproducable; it happens every time when uploading something large continuously.  I'm not sure if it's just uploads or just intense bandwidth in general, but large uploads definitely cause the router to drop other clients for some reason.  Running latest firmware 1.0.1.114.

-Andrew

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 4 of 5
evnpresson
Aspirant

I changed the channel for the 5Ghz to 36 from 120 something, changed the mode to HT160, and changed the security to WPA2+WPA3. Since I made the changes, i haven't had any more issues. I'm not sure which change was the solution.
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7