× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WAN and LAN LAG at the same time

Retired_Member
Not applicable

WAN and LAN LAG at the same time

I have the RAX120 and have a NAS that I am using LAG on LAN ports 1 and 2.  This is working great but would like to know if I can use WAS LAG as well.  I know there is the WAN port and the 2.5Gb port.

In the documentation it stats WAN LAG uses the internet (WAN) port and one LAN.  If ports 1 and 2 are used by the LAN LAG for my NAS,  What ports would I use for the WAN LAG?

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

shamelin73 - The RAX120 currently does not support WAN & LAN aggregate at the same time. 

~Christian 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Is there any clear information on this? Or a diagram showing the connections.

I know like the other brand with an A uses the WAN and LAN port 4 for WAN LAG and LAN ports 1 and 2 for LAN LAG.

The wording on the RAX 120 is a bit vague.
Message 2 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

shamelin73 - The RAX120 currently does not support WAN & LAN aggregate at the same time. 

~Christian 

Message 3 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I am supprised that this is not supported.  The AX8 does and other brand AX routers do.  Could it be that this would be a future add via the firmware?

Message 4 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

shamelin73 - If you'd like to to see this feature added via firmware, we recommend posting this idea on our idea exchange board. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange-For-Home/idb-p/idea-exchange-for-home

~Christian 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7