× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WARNING.....Nighthawk 12-Stream AX12 Wifi 6 Router (RAX200) - AX11000 Tri-Band

Essexacdc
Aspirant

WARNING.....Nighthawk 12-Stream AX12 Wifi 6 Router (RAX200) - AX11000 Tri-Band

I have for the past 10 weeks or more been in a one way battle with Netgear support.  I bought  the AX12 Wi-Fi 6 router (RAX200)- AX11000 Tri-Band on the 10th May, delivered 13th. 

Around early July I started having trouble but put it down to other things simply because the router was new. I kept losing the connection to my TV, Amazon Prime Cube, CCTV cameras (I have 😎 and that dreaded word "Alexa" as all my lights amongst other things are that word controlled.

I at last tracked the trouble down to the 2.4 GHZ on the router because it kept dropping out. Since the 27th July, (so that makes the router 10 weeks old) I have had 10 different support case numbers assigned to my router problem. I was promised a refund as the factory was closed and not making any because of the coronavirus and were out of stock. I was also promised an “RMA” which is Netgears’ return process on the 27th July but as of today 30th August NOTHING.

I have spent over 15 hours on the telephone with their support staff and every single time you tell the first one, too technical for her so she puts you onto a “Tech 1 Person” you tell them and they put you onto a “Tech 2 person” and then you tell them all over again and they put you onto a “Tech 3 person” so on and so on and each time you have to hang on for 30 or more minutes for the next one to answer. 

Today the 30th August I spoke again to their support unit and was told that I had to send the unit back first and have it checked and so I replied but you still haven’t told me where to send it and I said no, I want a refund as promised because you are out of stock and the factory closed…..She said that was “UNTRUE” so I asked why I was told that and she couldn't answer.  She sent me an "RMA" while I was on the phone and told to check my e-mail.  I was told by a person "M P" they were out of stock.

I insisted that I wanted a refund or a replacement first because I could no longer trust what I was being told to the reply “you can trust me” I again said no I can't, I trusted MP and where did that get me? to which I was told no refund or replacement until I sent back first…..I told her I would see them in court and that would mean solicitors fees, court fees, my refund and I would request compensation and put the phone down. In desperation, on the 24th August I sent an e-mail explaining everything to Netgears’ Sales: UKsales,  Media Inquiries: Investor Relations: 

NOTHING FROM ANY OF THEM NOT EVEN AN ACKNOWLEDGEMENT.

I will also send a copy of this review to them as well. After reading this it is now up-to-you if you still want to chance buying anything from NETGEAR.     

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 8
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: WARNING.....Nighthawk 12-Stream AX12 Wifi 6 Router (RAX200) - AX11000 Tri-Band

Hi Essexacdc,

I'd like to assist with our Customer Care reaching out to you. May you send me a private message with your email address and case number(s) for us to check further. 

Regards,

Christian 

Message 2 of 8
Essexacdc
Aspirant

Hello Christion R and thank you for your message.

Below is a copy of my last message to Maurene Pramoso in response to hers refusal yet again. I sent it to her in the early hours of this morning 5th September 2020 B.S.T. (British Summer Time). 

I have saved every message I have received from "Netgear" in it's own folder and between the dates of 5th August to the 4th September I have 40 messages from your Support Unit.  If you would like to give me your e-address, I will with pleasure forward each one to you personally.  Then you can see for yourself that your Unit does not have a clue what it is doing or how to handle customers. 

Hello Ms Maurene Pramoso,

I thank you for your message and I apologise for miss-directing you to the sale of goods act 1976 but I now guide you the legislation was amended and combined in simple statutory implied terms:-

The Consumer Rights Act 2015, Sale of Goods Act 1979 and the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 and so therefore, you have a responsibility under sections s.9 & s.10 as follows and I will point you in particular to S9(3) sub sections a,b,c,d,and e. 

S.9 (1) Consumer Rights Act 2015 implies a term in consumer contracts that the goods are of satisfactory quality

S.9(2) Consumer Rights Act 2015 An objective test is applied to determine if the goods are satisfactory.

S.9(3) Consumer Rights Act 2015 the quality of goods includes their state and condition, including in particular:

1. a) Fitness for purpose
  2. b) Appearance and finish
  3. c) Freedom from minor defects
  4. d) Safety
  5. e) Durability 

S.9(4) Consumer Rights Act 2015 - Cannot use S.9 if the defect was bought to the buyers attention at the time the contract was made

s.9(5) Consumer Rights Act 2015 The quality of goods includes any public statement about the characteristics of the goods made by the trader or producer or their representatives.

Your company has failed miserably:-

(1), The router has lasted for only 10 weeks.

(2), The maximum the time I have waited for anyone to answer the telephone is one hour and 10 minutes. And excluding that particular call, I have spent over 5 hours on the telephone with your unit in just two days. As I have previously stated, after around 20 or so minutes waiting for an answer, a female demands all the information and then decides she cannot deal with it and so passes onto “Tech 1”, you wait for around another 30 minutes or so and “Tech 1” requests all the information again…..Sorry, I can’t deal with that you need to speak to a “Tech 2”, again another 20 or so minutes wait you tell him “Tech 2” and he can’t deal with it either so you are passed onto “Tech 3” and so on, and so on, and so on but. you never ever get a solution or a fix to the problem, it is always I will consult and call you back but, they never do and then you receive an E-mail saying we (Support unit) are waiting for your contact.   

(3), Your product (the router) has only lasted 10 weeks maximum from purchase (delivery date 13/05/2020), Hardware Warranty: Available till 2022-05-13 and my contacts with you trying to find out what was happening because my 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi kept dropping

(4), On 23/07/2020 I contacted you regarding the connection with my CCTV cameras keep dropping out.

(5), On the 27/07/2020 I contacted you again to see if I could connect one of my EX 7700 extenders by ethernet because my 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi was still dropping out.

(6), They were both in July and in August I have had seven (7) different case numbers all pertaining to the failure and replacement of the router.

(7), Your staff has lied to me saying that you are out of stock, the factory is closed due to coronavirus and not making any more at the moment, promised phone calls that I wait for that never happen, e-mail messages saying that you called but you never ever leave any messages on my voice-mail and when I check my phone for missed calls your number never shows or, do any warning message on my phone tell me that I have missed calls. You do not do refunds and then you do. 

As I have already told you that my house is 2.4Ghz Alexa controlled, my television is Amazon Prime, Sky top box and Netflix and you expect me to wait weeks with no lights, entertainment, Wi-Fi lights on my fish tanks, Samsung Wi-Fi washing machine, Wi-Fi NEFF controlled oven????

You have treated me terribly and selfishly and as I have told you that in desperation I have bought from Amazon another Wi-Fi router only this time a TP-LINK Archer AX11000 Next-Gen WIFI 6 Gigabit Tri-Band Wireless Cable Gaming Router at the cost of £359.99 and so adding that to your router costs that make a total I have spent since the 13th May 2020 £769.98.

And so, to finish, you (Netgear) has failed in its’ duty to meet the following:- S.9 (1) Consumer Rights Act 2015 implies a term in consumer contracts that the goods are of satisfactory quality S.9(2) Consumer Rights Act 2015 An objective test is applied to determine if the goods are satisfactory. S.9(3) Consumer Rights Act 2015 the quality of goods includes their state and condition, including in particular: a) Fitness for purpose b) Appearance and finish c) Freedom from minor defects d) Safety e) Durability In that your router is not fit for purpose and failed to meet its’ duty to meet S9 of the Consumer Right Act 2015.

To close, I point out one thing and that is we can both keep going on and on and on e-mailing each other and getting nowhere fast and to be perfectly honest with you,  I am now sick to death of the whole problem and the way I have been treated by you and your multinational company. 

As I can now live will all my Wi-Fi equipment working again, my next communication to you will be through my solicitor, you will not hear from me directly again and I will see you in court. I may win and I may lose but the publicity against Netgear will be damaging and if I lose, than I am 69 years old, retired and have all the time in the world to sit at my computer and leave my review in every nook and cranny I can find in the whole wide  world and tell them what a large company like yours does to little (one) person. You are a large multinational company so where is your customer service?????

Les Wilkins.

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 3 of 8
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Les, 

May you send me a private message with your case number(s) and email address so we can look into this further. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 4 of 8
wingdam
Star

Please keep us appraised of what's happining

Thanks

Message 5 of 8
Essexacdc
Aspirant

Copy of my latest communication:-

THIS HAS NOW BECOME URGENT

Hello Netgear, Amazon,

Since your message of the 9th September 2020 at 10:25 hours (highlighted below in green)No-one and I repeat No-one has had the decency to contact me at all except for the message below (highlighted in red) from Ms M. P on Friday 11th September 2020 at 20:10 hours at your so-called support unit to which I could see where this was all heading, because, at the very same time I received her message, I also received another one stating that you are now awaiting MY "INPUTS" regardless of my previous warning to her that she would not here from me directly again.  So, I simply replied to her message NO and therefore, your support unit has had my "INPUTS":-

AND THE BALL IS NOW BACK IN YOUR (NETGEARS') COURT.

Dear .........,

We acknowledge and thank you for sending us your response.

We would like to inform you that we are willing to provide you a refund once we receive the device back.

We understand that you wanted to receive the refund first but we also have a process that we follow.

We appreciate your time and thank you for contacting NETGEAR.

Regards,
M. P.
Customer Care Advocate
NETGEAR Inc 

** DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL ** 
This is an automatically generated email notification.

NETGEAR Support Case #43182922

Hi Les,

The case 43182922 is awaiting your inputs. Please provide an update so that the case can be worked on further.

Your Case Details
Case Number: 43182922
Summary: Executive Escalation - Intermittent Connection RAX200
Case Created on: 8/6/2020

Thank you for choosing NETGEAR!

NETGEAR Support

Also, here are the other eight case numbers 43111019, 43176762, 43181623, 43186610, 43199043, 43211835,  43110690, 43182979 that pertain to this case.

This morning, I received a telephone call from a lady named Anna, (0208 ........ (RMA ......)) who wanted to arrange a collection of the router and said a pick-up could be made for tomorrow 15th September 2020 and when I enquired about my refund, she knew nothing about it and said that she was only arranging collections and so I refused to make a date.  

I tell you again now that No-one...No-one at all has contacted me in any shape or form since your message to me of 9th September telling me that someone would CONTACT ME "VERY SOON" !!! and my impression was to try and sort this whole mess out   

My very first contact with the support unit AFTER realising that the trouble was with the router and told that the factory was closed due to the coronavirus, Amazon still had the routers in stock and I told and asked them for authorisation to order a replacement and then we could sort out collection and refund afterwards, and that I could have had delivery of a new one the very next day but NO, they refused. 

So, please, please  MARK MY WORDS.....I will NOT return/allow pick-up of the router until a full refund is in my bank account for £409.99p and since Netgears' total and utter non-cooperation then substantial compensation is required for their utter obstinance, lack of customer service, foresight and inconvenience I have had to suffer over the last two months or more, then and only then will I allow pick-up.  

If you are not willing to oblige then please let me know in writing ASAP and I will instruct my solicitor to issue court proceedings.  I will seek an order from the Judge that I be refunded within 28 days, compensation to be paid to me for all in inconvenience your company and support unit have put me through, and of course all the court costs, solicitors and any others be awarded.  Once I have a court order, I will release your product.  

I will say no-more.

No valediction,

... .......  (EssexAcDc).

Sent: 09 September 2020 10:25
To: Les Wilkins
Subject: Re: NETGEAR Nighthawk 12-Stream AX12 Wifi 6 Router (RAX200) - AX11000 Tri-Band Wireless Speed (Up to 10.8 Gbps) | 2,500 sq. ft. Coverage

Hello ... .......,

Thank you for your email. We inform you that we escalated your concern to the appropriate service. Our colleagues should get in touch with you very soon.

Best regards,
NETGEAR Amazon UK

Message 6 of 8
Essexacdc
Aspirant

Message received today 18th September 2020 from Netgear. 

Dear Les,

Good day!

We would like to provide you a resolution for this concern. As a one time courtesy, we will provide you a refund but we would like to get a guarantee from you that you will send the unit back once you receive the credit.

Please reply to this message saying “I confirm and agree to proceed with the request as stated”.

We appreciate your time and thank you for contacting NETGEAR.

Regards,
Maurene Pramoso
Customer Care Advocate
NETGEAR Inc

Message 7 of 8
Essexacdc
Aspirant

My response to the message dated 18th September 2020 from Netgear.

Hello Ms P and thank you for your message.

Of course I will return your product once the amount of £409.99p had been credited to my Santander Mastercard number ???? ???? ???? ???? from which it was originally used to purchase the router, what could I possibly do or want with something that does not work except throw it in the rubbish bin.

As I have previously told you that most of my house is Alexa and smart Wi-Fi controlled and I have through your obstinance in this matter had to buy another router only this time from TP-Link an “Archer AX11000 Wi-Fi 6” and at the moment, it  is working fine without constant dropouts of the 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi but, only time will tell. 

As requested of me over the telephone last week (which I refused then) you can arrange for the router to be collected by a courier, I will have it all packed away in its’ original box ready for collection.  No valediction, EssexAcDC.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7