× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WPS LED Light Continuously Flashing on RAX80

MitchellJohn
Tutor

WPS LED Light Continuously Flashing on RAX80

Hi everoyne,

I have a probloem that I can't seem to resolve. The WPS light on my RAX80 is constantly flashing - even after reboot and facotry reset.

I never had this problem before - it was working fine. The issue only started when the WPS button on the RAX80 was accidenelty pushed and from then on the WPS LED light won't stop flashing. It's driving my crazy.

If anyone has any sugestions I would really aprecaite it.

Thanks 🙂

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: WPS LED Light Continuously Flashing on RAX80

Maybe the button got stuck after being pushed. It should stop blinking if something connects to it or its rebooted/reset. 

Maybe try clicking it a few more times to see if you can unstick it? 

when its blinking, are you able to pair devices to it via the wps process? if so, its a bit of a security risk.

If its still within warranty, might be worth opening a support ticket for. Or if you're within a return period, might be worth exchanging it at wherever you bought it. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Maybe the button got stuck after being pushed. It should stop blinking if something connects to it or its rebooted/reset. 

Maybe try clicking it a few more times to see if you can unstick it? 

when its blinking, are you able to pair devices to it via the wps process? if so, its a bit of a security risk.

If its still within warranty, might be worth opening a support ticket for. Or if you're within a return period, might be worth exchanging it at wherever you bought it. 

Message 2 of 3
MitchellJohn
Tutor

Thanks @plemans for your thoughts. I did another complete reset this morning and this time it fixed the problem 🙂

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7