× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Web GUI - DHCP reservation and device list

GrilledCat
Initiate

Web GUI - DHCP reservation and device list

Hey all,

I just got a RAX80 to replace an older netgear router (running dd-wrt). 

I was wondering a few things.

1. is there any way to upload a text file for the DHCP reservation list? I could do that with dd-wrt and DNSmasq. It made managing the reservation list so much easier than having to add each device separately. 

2. Is there a way to get the DHCP reservation list sorted? The way it shows up for me is based on when the entry was added. It would be more usefull if I could sort it by IP address.

3. Is there a way to get a different device list view? I don't need images in my list, I just want a compact list of connected devices without having to scroll so much or without having to copy and paste the list in a spreadsheet.

Thanks,

John

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello GrilledCat, 

Thank you for bringing this up. The RAX80 currently does not support any of these options. We highly recommend posting these requests on our Idea Exchange Board for new features to be added in future releases. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange-For-Home/idb-p/idea-exchange-for-home

~Christian 

Message 2 of 4
GrilledCat
Initiate

Thanks. I will post it there.

Message 3 of 4
AudioHTIT
Aspirant

I’m evaluating an RAX80 and think the above suggestions are excellent, especially the ability to sort the DHCP reservations list by IP address — I came here to find out if it can be done, and am disappointed it can’t — my Apple router from 2012 that I’m trying to replace with the RAX80 can sort by IP address, it’s hardly new. Maybe it could be sorted as it’s exported, cleared, and then re-imported in order? I’ll try to add to the ‘Ideas’ area, but most likely I’ll have to return as my window is closing. Why are these simple things to make Network management easier so hard to get implemented?

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7