× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

What is WiFi 6? | #NowAtNETGEAR YouTube Series

Dustin_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

What is WiFi 6? | #NowAtNETGEAR YouTube Series

NETGEAR’s newest YouTube series, #NowAtNETGEAR, is here! In our first episode – a coffee break with the SVP of Connected Home, David Henry – we’re talking about WiFi 6, the next generation of WiFi standards. Designed to increase network capacity and improve the performance of your home network, WiFi 6 means buffer-free streaming, faster downloads, and more smart devices. Learn from NETGEAR's executive leader of the Connected Home himself, David Henry, as we talk WiFi 6 and what it means for you and your home network.

The #NowAtNETGEAR series is where we’ll deliver the latest and greatest announcements from NETGEAR, directly to you from our executive team. We’ll be talking industry news, our newest products and services, and the future of NETGEAR right from the leaders who connect the world through WiFi.

Click here to learn more about WiFi 6

Subscribe to the NETGEAR YouTube Channel

What is WiFi 6 - Now At NETGEAR.jpg

Message 1 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Re: What is WiFi 6? | #NowAtNETGEAR YouTube Series

David Henry, we heard you. Would be great if you open your eyes and ears to what is discussed (and sometimes complained) here in the community a little bit more.

The most amazing part of the video? The Meural arts frame in the background - nice, non-intrusive, well balanced to the light, no reflections, ... - brilliant!

Message 2 of 5
myersw
Master

What is David Henry smoking?

Netgear routers just work and put on shelf and forget?

Does he ever read the forums where folks are having the same problems firmware update after firmware update?

I think not. 

Message 3 of 5
Dmander
Aspirant

I just bought the orbi and haven’t received it yet but now I’m reading about WiFi 6 on the orbi sometime this year. Will I be 1. Over paying based on new equipment coming out and the price will go down on the older orbi. 2. Should I be waiting for WiFi 6 and keep paying Comcast the rental for the modem.
Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 4 of 5
GadgetVirtuoso2
Apprentice

@Dmander wrote:
I just bought the orbi and haven’t received it yet but now I’m reading about WiFi 6 on the orbi sometime this year. Will I be 1. Over paying based on new equipment coming out and the price will go down on the older orbi. 2. Should I be waiting for WiFi 6 and keep paying Comcast the rental for the modem.

It depends on your needs but if you want to be more future proof I'd wait a little bit longer. You're going to have to get a bunch of new equipment to take advantage of the new standard. iPhones this year may or may not have it this year but Samsung's latest releases phones do. You could always get an adapter for a laptop but it doesn't seem worth the hassle to me.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7