× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WiFi 6E Problems - RAXE500

Razor512
Prodigy

Sorry, typo

wastes*

Seriously, the UI for windows 11 is horrible in that it adds around 20% more empty space around the task bar and various other UI elements to makt it more touch friendly, and getting rid of the tablet mode, thus users who do not use a touch screen are forced to live with the wasted space designed for touch screens.

Message 26 of 45
Altsai
NETGEAR Expert

How to Enable Wi-Fi 6E/ 6GHz Band Using Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 (Gig+)

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000059385/wireless/intel-wireless-products....

Message 27 of 45
GatorBait
Tutor

Nothing seems to work for Windows or Linux. Definately an Intel problem. Keep wasting our time blaming Windows when it's certainly obviouse that Intel that can't seem to figure this out. Is there another wifi 6e card from someone that KNOWS what they are doing?!

Message 28 of 45
martyr444
Apprentice

6G Wifi works on my Samsung Ultra but not on my Windows 10. It's either the AX210 Card or Windows 10 for me not working. Intel support will say it's because not all of these AX210 cards are authentic Intel.

Message 29 of 45
Razor512
Prodigy

6GHz works fine if no password is set,

While there are a number of fakes floating around, they wre typically sellers on ebay slapping AX210 stickers on AX200s and then selling them for $30+ instead of the usual $15-$17 range. Their hope is that some users will not know before the the buyer protection window ends.

As for a genuine AX210, it does work fine, I am using one right now with my RAXE500 though since I am not using an insider build of windows, I don't keep it open for long.

As for linux distros, support is hit or miss depending on the distro, where some will have WPA3 working on the 6GHz band and others will not, and there isn't much help on their forms for it since there aren't many people with AX210s yet.

Message 30 of 45
martyr444
Apprentice

Yes, I can get mine to work with open too, but I would only use it with security enabled so that's not an option for me. If it worked with security other than WPA3 it would be an option. WPA3 is what the issue is for sure.

Message 31 of 45
Razor512
Prodigy

Sadly that is an issue with microsoft. They have WPA3 working on the 6GHz band on their dev builds, but they won't just release a smaller update to push the proper 6GHz WPA3 support out to their mainstream builds, and instead are making people wait until they they finish working on a bunch of other stuff that most people won't want.

Message 32 of 45
martyr444
Apprentice

Someone tested Windows 11 but it was still a no go. It must just be certain dev builds that have WPA3 working.

Message 33 of 45
pdegan2814
Tutor

MS just announced the 21H2 feature update for Windows 10, and one of the features they say will be in it is "Adding WPA3 H2E standards support for enhanced Wi-Fi security", and H2E is what's needed for WPA3 to work on the 6GHz band, so I guess we have our answer. And I'm guessing that the official release version of Windows 11 will have it too(because supporting it in Win10 but not Win11 would just be idiotic).  

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2021/07/15/introducing-the-next-feature-update-to-window... 

Message 34 of 45
martyr444
Apprentice

Probably due October or later this year.

Message 35 of 45
Altsai
NETGEAR Expert

Regarding Windows 10, MSFT doesn’t mention support for Wi-Fi 6E, only WPA3-Personal H2E: 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/whats-new/whats-new-windows-10-version-21h2#wi-fi-wpa3-pers...

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 36 of 45
petru44o
Aspirant

Hello Netgear Community!

I wonder if things got any better these days?

Can someone confirm I can use Windows 10 PC with this Fenvi FV-AXE3000 Wi-Fi 6E AX210, Bluetooth 5,2, PCIExpress adapter

And this RAXE500 router to get full Wifi6E experience?

I know that AX210 has only 2x2 TX/RX Streams; Bands 2.4Ghz, 5Ghz, 6Ghz, (160Mhz) would I be able to use its full potential with RAXE500?

Is there a way to unlock power for 6Hz LPI power restrictions if router is used outside the US?

Message 37 of 45
FURRYe38
Guru

I would review this:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Routers-with-WiFi-6-AX/RAXE500-Beta-FW-v1-0-9-72-is-avail...

I haven't had a chance to check my PC again with newer FW. Been busy playing with other items. Smiley Wink

@petru44o wrote:

Hello Netgear Community!

I wonder if things got any better these days?

Can someone confirm I can use Windows 10 PC with this Fenvi FV-AXE3000 Wi-Fi 6E AX210, Bluetooth 5,2, PCIExpress adapter

And this RAXE500 router to get full Wifi6E experience?

I know that AX210 has only 2x2 TX/RX Streams; Bands 2.4Ghz, 5Ghz, 6Ghz, (160Mhz) would I be able to use its full potential with RAXE500?

Is there a way to unlock power for 6Hz LPI power restrictions if router is used outside the US?

Message 38 of 45
martyr444
Apprentice

I'm using the latest Netgear Beta Firmware for the RAXE500. I have never been able to get the SSID to show up for my Intel AX210 unless I use a hacked driver dated back to April 2021 by Dong. I also use the latest Intel AX210 Driver and still no show unless I use that hacked driver. I'm on the latest version of Windows 10 insider version 21H2 (OS Build 19044.1503).

Message 39 of 45
Razor512
Prodigy

Under windows 11, the 6GHz band will work normally, but for windows 10, it is an issue since Microsoft released an update that broke 6GHz support again.

Message 40 of 45
Razor512
Prodigy

Forgot to mention that Some WiFi adapters will determine region and apply local regulations based on beacons sent by nearby APs, thus there is a chance that even if yor RAXE500 will broadcast on the 6GHz band, the AX210 may refuse to use it if it automatically switches regions.

Currently the 2 streams is the max for WiFi client devices (unless you do something like a wireles bridge between 2 RAXE500 devices).

With a 2400Mbps PHY rate, the real world throughput ends up being in the 1.8Gbps to 2Gbps under good conditions with an Intel AX210.

Message 41 of 45
petru44o
Aspirant

Forgot to mention that Some WiFi adapters will determine region and apply local regulations based on beacons sent by nearby APs

Is there any understanding of how to choose AX210 card that does not use LAR (system that does what you described, as I understand)?

Is this detection of the region mechanism present on every intel ax210? Any tips how to avoid that?

Is this related to usage of the AX210 in the laptop or PCI to m2 usage in desktop is also vunerable to region determination? Thing is I wanted to test it in country, where 6Ghz is not yet certified.

Message 42 of 45
petru44o
Aspirant

Does LAR takes in considiration only region of my AP, or neighbours SSIDs have this info broadcasted?

Message 43 of 45
Razor512
Prodigy

Sadly it will be hard to find devices like that due to FCC scumbaggery in 2015 causing companies to cripple WiFi hardware. Perfect code does not exist but it forced companies to pretend that imperfect code is perfect, and prevent firmware changes on WiFi radios. For the AX210, to comply they did the following restrictions as seen in the PDF when seeking FCC approval.

• Question:
    What
    controls exist that the user cannot operate
    the device outside its authorization in the U.S.?

Answer:
    Default mode is always FCC compliant. Other country
    modes cannot be activated without receiving three
    independent country codes from different APs, otherwise
    remains in FCC default mode (always FCC compliant)

• Question:
    Describe how any software/firmware update will be
    obtained, downloaded, and installed. Software that is
    accessed through manufacturer’s website or device’s
    management system, must describe the different levels
    of security as appropriate.

Answer:
    There is no downloadable software provided by the
    manufacturer that can modify critical radio transmitter
    parameters. All critical parameters are programmed in
    OTP memory at the factory and cannot be modified or
    overridden by third parties

Sadly It likely means that device makers will have a hard time making non-crippled WiFi adapters unless they make a specific model that is not designed to be sold or used in the US.

Message 44 of 45
Razor512
Prodigy

Sorry for the above post, it completely broke the formatting when posted even though it looked fine in the text field. The site also seems to lack any edit function so I am unsure of how to fix it.

Message 45 of 45
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 44 replies
  • 15 kudos
  • 12 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7