WiFi 6E Problems - RAXE500

Razor512
Virtuoso

Re: WiFi 6E Problems - RAXE500

Sorry, typo

wastes*

Seriously, the UI for windows 11 is horrible in that it adds around 20% more empty space around the task bar and various other UI elements to makt it more touch friendly, and getting rid of the tablet mode, thus users who do not use a touch screen are forced to live with the wasted space designed for touch screens.

Message 26 of 35
Altsai
NETGEAR Expert

How to Enable Wi-Fi 6E/ 6GHz Band Using Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 (Gig+)

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000059385/wireless/intel-wireless-products....

Message 27 of 35
GatorBait
Tutor

Nothing seems to work for Windows or Linux. Definately an Intel problem. Keep wasting our time blaming Windows when it's certainly obviouse that Intel that can't seem to figure this out. Is there another wifi 6e card from someone that KNOWS what they are doing?!

Message 28 of 35
martyr444
Apprentice

6G Wifi works on my Samsung Ultra but not on my Windows 10. It's either the AX210 Card or Windows 10 for me not working. Intel support will say it's because not all of these AX210 cards are authentic Intel.

Message 29 of 35
Razor512
Virtuoso

6GHz works fine if no password is set,

While there are a number of fakes floating around, they wre typically sellers on ebay slapping AX210 stickers on AX200s and then selling them for $30+ instead of the usual $15-$17 range. Their hope is that some users will not know before the the buyer protection window ends.

As for a genuine AX210, it does work fine, I am using one right now with my RAXE500 though since I am not using an insider build of windows, I don't keep it open for long.

As for linux distros, support is hit or miss depending on the distro, where some will have WPA3 working on the 6GHz band and others will not, and there isn't much help on their forms for it since there aren't many people with AX210s yet.

Message 30 of 35
martyr444
Apprentice

Yes, I can get mine to work with open too, but I would only use it with security enabled so that's not an option for me. If it worked with security other than WPA3 it would be an option. WPA3 is what the issue is for sure.

Message 31 of 35
Razor512
Virtuoso

Sadly that is an issue with microsoft. They have WPA3 working on the 6GHz band on their dev builds, but they won't just release a smaller update to push the proper 6GHz WPA3 support out to their mainstream builds, and instead are making people wait until they they finish working on a bunch of other stuff that most people won't want.

Message 32 of 35
martyr444
Apprentice

Someone tested Windows 11 but it was still a no go. It must just be certain dev builds that have WPA3 working.

Message 33 of 35
pdegan2814
Aspirant

MS just announced the 21H2 feature update for Windows 10, and one of the features they say will be in it is "Adding WPA3 H2E standards support for enhanced Wi-Fi security", and H2E is what's needed for WPA3 to work on the 6GHz band, so I guess we have our answer. And I'm guessing that the official release version of Windows 11 will have it too(because supporting it in Win10 but not Win11 would just be idiotic).  

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2021/07/15/introducing-the-next-feature-update-to-window... 

Message 34 of 35
martyr444
Apprentice

Probably due October or later this year.

Message 35 of 35
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 34 replies
  • 12 kudos
  • 10 in conversation
Announcements