× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WiFi Scheduler not Working

CaptainB
Tutor

WiFi Scheduler not Working

RAX15 Router 

Firmware Version V1.0.1.56_2.0.20.

Timezone is (GMT -1) Azores, Cape Verde Is.

I am in the Eastern US timezone GMT -5.  I set the timezone to minus one so that I can have the router turn off WiFi between 9pm and 5pm Eastern time (on between 5pm and 9pm).  The sceduler still doesn't work if I set the timezone to Eastern and set the the period from 12 midnight to 5pm.

Results:  On boot up completion the router WPS and WiFi LEDs are off.  At 5pm the WPS LED turns on, the WiFi LED remains off and the Enable Wireless Router Radio check box changes from unchecked to checked, but no WiFi.  If I make no changes but click apply on the wireless settings page the WiFi LED turns on and the WiFi signal turns on.  But it does not turn off at 9pm.

This looks an awful lot like a software bug.

Message 1 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi CaptainB,

I would recommend getting in contact with our support team to assist with WiFi scheduling. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/default.aspx

Christian 

Message 2 of 5
CaptainB
Tutor

I did.  Their respose was :  Please once downgrade the firmware to a step lower version.

After that didn't work they recommended doig a factory reset, which I did and that doesn't change anything either.

It did however show me two new problems:

1) Setting the Automatically Adjust for Daylight Savings time check box sets the GMT to -3 from -4 when the timezone is set to (GMT -4) Atlantic Time.

2) When the older firmware was installed, I went to Advanced->Adminstration->Router Update and selected

Check for new version from the internet which resulted in: No new firmware version available.

It also might be noted that IPV6 is much slower than IPV4, at least with Comcast Internet.  

Message 3 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi CaptainB, 

Thanks for confirming. I would recommend that you continue to work with our support team. Please let me know if your case has been closed or has not been escalated and I'll notify support. 

Regards,

Christian 

Message 4 of 5
CaptainB
Tutor

Thanks, I would really like for a trouble ticket or some type of notification be issued to flag the problem that the WiFi scheduler does not work.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7