× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wifi discconecting ever since firmware update after 30min to an hour or two

fac7orx
Follower

Wifi discconecting ever since firmware update after 30min to an hour or two

Ever since I have update to the latest firmware V1.0.3.102_1.0.48 my router has been stopping all wifi after about 30min to about an hour or two. The wifi only turns back on after a reboot. Considering the price we paid for this router this is very odd. Please help.

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: Wifi discconecting ever since firmware update after 30min to an hour or two

Did you reset the router to factory settings after the firmware flash?

New firmware sometimes introduces changes that are not compatible with the old configuration.

So while it isn't guaranteed to fix problems a factory reset is the first thing to try if you have issues with new firmware.

This is a nuisance because you then have to reconfigure the device all over again.

You can backup your settings before you reset and restore them later. But that may just bring back the fault. Then again, at least you will know if the reset fixed the problem.

The factory reset is more a "witchcraft" move than a technically informed solution, but it does seem to fix problems, especially on the wifi front. It is also the first thing that Netgear support will recommend.

How do I reset my Orbi WiFi System to factory default settings? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7