× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Will the Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream Modem/Router work on the TDS Network?

ggivens
Aspirant

Will the Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream Modem/Router work on the TDS Network?

I want to purchase a new Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi 6 cable Modem/Router to replace my service provides's modem/router. I have checked with TDS which is my service provider and I can't find a clear yes or no if it will work. Before I pay $400.00 for this device I want to know if anyone is using this device on the TDS network or has it been tested on the TDS network? If so, were there any problems you encountered when trying to install it on their network? Any feedback you give will be very much appreciated. 

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
ggivens
Aspirant

Re: Will the Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream Modem/Router work on the TDS Network?

I just wanted to add, that my TDS setup for service entering my home is coming from TDS's  fiber optical cable into a box and from there they ran a ethernet cable to the modem/router that they provided. I noticed that the Nighthawk AX8 has a WAN port so that's why I'm trying to find out if it will work with the TDS network.

Message 2 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi ggivens, 

We have not received any feedback that the RAX80 is not compatible with TDS. 

Christian 

Message 3 of 4
ggivens
Aspirant

Christian,

Thanks for responding,  but what I really need to know if you know of anyone that is using it with TDS's fiber opital portion of their network. I have fiber coming to my home and from there they are running ethernet cable to the modem/router's WAN connection. I noticed that the AX8 has a WAN port, is that only for bridging or can it be setup for a direct connect to their network?

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7