× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Will the RAX120 become Wifi 6 certified?

jparzi
Follower

Will the RAX120 become Wifi 6 certified?

The Wi-Fi Alliance launched its official Wi-Fi 6 certification program today. Does the RAX120 have the hardware to be certified?

I noticed that in the data sheet it says, "This router does not support some of the mandatory features ratified in Draft 3.0 of IEEE 802.11AX specification, such as Uplink OFDMA, Target Wake Time, and BSS Coloring." Does this mean it doesn't have the hardware to be updated?

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I would like to know this as well.  I hope it will if not I will take it back.  I have not had some of the issues others have.  Seems like a good router so far.

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 2 of 3
avtella
Prodigy

Looking at a recent Qualcomm test platform using the IPQ8074 CPU/WIFi chipset which is the same as the one in this router it looks like the only thing missig might be uplink MU, however OFDMA UP/Down are supported though. THis leads me to believe the hardware must support it but may require an update. Even uplink MU was listed as supported by the hardware in 2017 when Qualcomm unveiled the IPQ807 and IPQ8078 chipsets.

Question is will we get UL OFDMA and UL MU in a future update along with TWT from Netgear for the RAX120.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7