× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR1000 Can't Download Or Update Apps Through Google Play Store

GigaHeart
Aspirant

XR1000 Can't Download Or Update Apps Through Google Play Store

Nighthawk Pro Gaming router.

Firmware: 1.0.0.58_1.0.44

I have been having this issue for the past 3 weeks.

I have been to many websites regarding how to troubleshoot this issue. None of the suggestions work.

My ISP (Comcast) suggests my WiFi connection is fine (which is true except for when I download apps) and that the issue doesn't seem to be on their end, so my only other thought is that this is a router issue.

Multiple people with different Android phones have tried downloading/updating apps through the Play Store over WiFi and none were successful.

Downloading over data works fine, but I don't have an unlimited data plan, so doing that all the time is not an option. 

Router and modem (CM2000) have been unplugged/factory reset multiple times. 

I have attempted clearing the data and cache from: Google Play Store, Google Play Services, Download Manager

I have uninstalled updates from the Google Play Store.

I have downloaded the latest APKs for Google Play Services and the Google Play Store.

I have factory reset my phone.

Date and time are set correctly.

Phone has plenty of storage available.

I have removed my Google account.

I have added a new Google account.

My WiFi signal is strong (I got a WiFi extender a couple days ago as well, and that didn't resolve it).

I made sure the Geo-Filter is set up in the correct location, no content is being filtered in the Content Filtering section of DumaOS.

I have tried using Google's DNS on my router and on my phone.

I have tried disabling IPv6.

None of the logs in the Monitoring section of DumaOS seem to suggest something is wrong.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: XR1000 Can't Download Or Update Apps Through Google Play Store

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the NightHawk Gaming Router products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with NH gaming router products and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this router forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Routers/bd-p/en-home-nighthawk-pro-gaming-rout...
Thank you.

Message 2 of 5
GigaHeart
Aspirant

Thanks. I'll make a post there as well.

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 4 of 5