× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR1000 vs RAX120. Is it a downgrade? Any other difference other than the DumaOS?

Ivangm01
Follower

XR1000 vs RAX120. Is it a downgrade? Any other difference other than the DumaOS?

Hey everyone!

I have the Nighthawk Rax120 but I'm going to begin streaming and playing videogames soon as soon as the 

PS5 is released. Even got my gaming rig and all now so really excited about that! 

But I saw Netgear released the new Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR1000 router and if I'm not mistaken, it would be a downgrade to sell my Rax120 and get the XR1000? Is there any other way I can take advantage of something like the DumaOs without actually having it integrated inside a router? 

Could someone outline the differences between them, since I seem to be missing something? 

Thank you so much for your insight!

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: XR1000 vs RAX120. Is it a downgrade? Any other difference other than the DumaOS?

The XR1000 is the Duma-OS version of the RAX50. If you require the RAX120 hardware features it's a downgrade from that end.

The Duma-OS feature require to reside on the NAS router connecting to the Internet.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7