× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Xbox Strict NAT - UPnP unsuccessful

lilblakcooper
Follower

Xbox Strict NAT - UPnP unsuccessful

Hi - As from the subject line above you can probably guess that I'm having some networking issues with my Xbox stuck on a Strict NAT & UPnP being unsuccessful. 

My current network is as follows --> ISP Router [Hub 4 in Modem Mode] --> Netgear RAX70 Router --> Connected Devices [ Phone | Xbox | Etc ]

I'm sure I've tried every solution I can think of and found scouring the internet for the same issue

- Hard Reset on both ISP Router | 3rd Party Router & Xbox 

- Port Forwarding - Tried with both UPnP enabled and disabled

- DMZ set up - Tried with both UPnP enabled and disabled

- Changed ethernet cables incase this is an issue 

- Turned UPnP off and reset & Turned back on and Reset. 

unfortunately none of the above was able to resolve my issue. I resorted to calling up VM this morning however the adviser on the other side was unable to offer any solutions and advised to keep my VMHub 4 in router mode whilst connected to my 3rd party router [ Pretty sure this could cause further issues!?!?] and then after half hour of back and forth was advised that they could instead transfer me to a specialized team however there is a transfer costs of £9.99?

Does anyone else have any insight or able to throw any suggestions my way I'd be greatly appreciative!

Message 1 of 2

Re: Xbox Strict NAT - UPnP unsuccessful

Did you try this?

Search - NETGEAR Communities – Xbox Strict NAT

What firmware version do you have on the RAX70?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

@lilblakcooper wrote:

My current network is as follows --> ISP Router [Hub 4 in Modem Mode] --> Netgear RAX70 Router --> Connected Devices [ Phone | Xbox | Etc ]

What is this Hub 4? Something provided by your Internet service provider?

- Hard Reset on both ISP Router | 3rd Party Router & Xbox 

In most cases that would put this ISP Router back into router mode.

...and then after half hour of back and forth was advised that they could instead transfer me to a specialized team however there is a transfer costs of £9.99?

I do not know who you were talking to but there's nothing in  the Netgear support system that costs £9.99.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7