× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: antenna installation on AX4300

mtb640
Aspirant

antenna installation on AX4300

The manual for the AX4300 that I bought at Costco states, "Make sure to match the labels on the antennas with the labels on the router. The
antennas must be attached to the correct antenna post on the router."  I see no labels on either the antennas or the router.  Am I missing something?

Message 1 of 7
CallPaul
Apprentice

There should be blue and pink labels on the router plastic next to the antenna ports. The antennas themselves have blue or pink labels also. Pretty hard to miss, something wrong if they aren't there.

Message 2 of 7
mtb640
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply. Definitely no labels on either the router nor the antennas. It appears to be working (although I had some issues while setting it up - the 2.4 band didn't work, but the 5.0 band did. It somehow resolved itself and now both are working). I put a support ticket in to see if it matters which antenna goes where on the router.
Message 3 of 7
dsted
Aspirant

I just purchased the AX4300  ( Model RAX45) from Costco and none of the antenna or router was labelled. There should have been labels stating "Rear" or "Side".    Is there a sequence or order to screw in the antennas ( 4)?  How can you tell them apart, they look the same

Message 4 of 7
CallPaul
Apprentice

•  I took a look at mine and they're marked rear and side on the base of the antenna where it screws into the router
Message 5 of 7
SteveGH
Aspirant

I bought this same router recently and there are no lables anywhere. Of course, it won't update to the latest firmware either so I may end up taking it back.

Message 6 of 7
CallPaul
Apprentice

They did away with the labels and you can install any of the antennas in any port.

I got rid of it a long time ago, wasn't a very good router at all. I'm done with Netgear.

@SteveGH wrote:

I bought this same router recently and there are no lables anywhere. Of course, it won't update to the latest firmware either so I may end up taking it back.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7