× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

cm1150v modem with rax20 router keeps dropping internet every night with xfinity service

Ngregsak
Guide

cm1150v modem with rax20 router keeps dropping internet every night with xfinity service

I have been losing internet connection every night and having to reboot my modem and router every morning. It works fine during the day and evening but during the night it drops the connection and I cannot connect until I reboot. I have a cm1150v modem with an rax20 router ax1800. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated as I am getting frustrated having to unplug and power up the system each morning.

Model: CM1150V|DOCSIS 3.1 Nighthawk® Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem for XFINITY® Voice
Message 1 of 26
plemans
Guru

Re: cm1150v modem with rax20 router keeps dropping internet every night with xfinity service

Have you noticed if you have just the modem connected to a pc/laptop overnight, does it drop?
just trying to determine if its a modem issue or router issue. 

Message 2 of 26
Ngregsak
Guide

Re: cm1150v modem with rax20 router keeps dropping internet every night with xfinity service

Currently I am hardwired into the router, I will switch to the modem and try that.

Message 3 of 26
Ngregsak
Guide

i was hardwired into the modem and was not able to access internet this morning. so assuming it is the modem that is causing the issue?

Message 4 of 26
Ngregsak
Guide

But now the wifi is not working and the hardwired connection IS working

Message 5 of 26
plemans
Guru

@Ngregsak wrote:

But now the wifi is not working and the hardwired connection IS working

i was hardwired into the modem and was not able to access internet this morning. so assuming it is the modem that is causing the issue?

This doesn't make much sense. In one sentence you're saying the wifi isn't working (which it won't since the CM1150V isn't a router and doesn't have wifi), but in the next you're saying the internet wasn't available. 

Which is it? Does the internet work or not? 

If it doesn't it either means its the ISP, the line coming into the home, or the modem. do you have a screen snip of the cable connections page and the logs?

Message 6 of 26
Ngregsak
Guide

hardwired connection is the only internet working currently. my wireless internet is not working. Snips below of requested info

Capture - EVENT LOG 1.PNGCapture - EVENT LOG 2.PNGCapture - CABLE INFO.PNGCapture - CABLE CONNECTION 1.PNGCapture - CABLE CONNECTION 2.PNG

Message 7 of 26
plemans
Guru

Again, if you only have the modem connected, you won't have wireless. 

Did the hardwired internet connection drop?

Message 8 of 26
Ngregsak
Guide

no it did not

Message 9 of 26
plemans
Guru

so modem connection is stable. 

What firmware is on the router? 

Message 10 of 26
Ngregsak
Guide

firmware on router is V1.0.2.64_2.0.42

Message 11 of 26
plemans
Guru

have you tried a factory reset and clean install (not from a backup configuration) on the rax20?

Message 12 of 26
Ngregsak
Guide

no i have not. how do i do a clean install?

Message 13 of 26
plemans
Guru

Its a standard install but you just make sure not to use a backup configuration

Message 14 of 26
Ngregsak
Guide

I DID A SYSTEM RESET AND CLEAN INSTALL. WILL SEE WHAT TOMORROW BRINGS

Message 15 of 26
Ngregsak
Guide

lost internet again this morning and had to power off and power on 

Message 16 of 26
plemans
Guru

try downgrading the firmware to version 1.0.1.58. do a factory reset and clean install and disable auto-updates. 

Message 17 of 26
Ngregsak
Guide

internet did not drop over night. appears to be working fine.

Message 18 of 26
plemans
Guru

glad to hear it!

Message 19 of 26
Ngregsak
Guide

the issue is still continuing. it happened this morning and yesterday morning.

Message 20 of 26
plemans
Guru

did you downgrade the firmware? 

Message 21 of 26
Ngregsak
Guide

yes, did a factory reset of the router and am on firmware V1.0.1.58_2.0.31 and have disabled autoupdates. also did a factory reset on the modem as well.

Message 22 of 26
plemans
Guru

do you have ipv6 enabled?

Message 23 of 26
Ngregsak
Guide

YES, it is enabled on my computer. or do i need to enable it on the router/modem also? if so, how do i check that

Message 24 of 26
Ngregsak
Guide

IPv6 IS DISABLED on the router

Message 25 of 26
Discussion stats
  • 25 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7