× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

connecting to internet socket

damien4482
Aspirant

connecting to internet socket

i bought my nighthawk RAX200 but seems i maybe being silly. i had a nighthawk xs4 router before which connected straight to the wall socket for the Internet connection but when i replaced it with the RAX200 it has no Internet. now after spending way to many hours tring to figure out why it wouldn't connect, searching the net and reading the instructions many times it seems it has to run through a modem first. i setup my XS4 to run as a modem only and connected my RAX200 to which it now has internet and works just fine. Am i correct in thinking it doesn't have the modem built in and this is my only way of connecting it to have Internet. 

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: connecting to internet socket

Hi damien4482,

If you recently purchased the device I would recommend contacting our support team as newly purchased devices are provided with 90 days of complimentary support. You may open a ticket by registering your device using the link below. As for your question, the RAX200 does not have a built-in modem and is a router only. 

http://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Christian 

Message 2 of 5
damien4482
Aspirant

thanks for the reply.

sadly netgear are proving useless as i'm unable to register my device saying its already registered. I've sent them a email regarding registering and also this issue but still no reply as yet so was hoping the community would have the answers.

Message 3 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi damien4482, 

Thanks for letting me know. Just to confirm, did you send an email to our Customer Care Team at customer.service@netgear.com? 

Christian 

Message 4 of 5
damien4482
Aspirant

Yes that's the one I sent it to. I sent it on 17th September but still nothing.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7