× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

devices keep getting disconnected from RAX75 router

iamharry
Aspirant

devices keep getting disconnected from RAX75 router

I had this router for few month and it used to work fine. But from couple of months all the devices keep getting disconnected all at once from the router and it's driving me crazy as all the things I did haven't helped. It's on latest firmware 1.0.3.102. Would appreciate any help/suggestions

Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: devices keep getting disconnected from RAX75 router

have you factory reset it and did a clean install on it lately? 

The rax devices have been getting frequent firmware updates and respond favorably to factory reset and clean installs (not from backup)

Message 2 of 5
iamharry
Aspirant

I tried reboot which hasn't helped. By clean install do you mean something like this https://kb.netgear.com/19841/Reinstall-the-firmware-on-a-router-without-the-setup-CD-recovery-tool

Message 3 of 5
iamharry
Aspirant

That process is so outdated. My mac doesn't have a LAN port to support it as per the instructions 😞 I wish costco can take it back. I bought it in March and paid just short of 300 bucks for this half baked product

Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

By clean install, I just mean after the factory reset, don't use a backup configuration. If an old seting is causing the issue, a backup configuration just puts the setting back in there. 

and ethernet ports do come in handy for many things. its not a bad idea to have an ethernet----usb adapter for future references. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7