× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

good WiFi 6 solution for a house that already has ethernet cabling to it’s far corners?

pablokent
Follower

good WiFi 6 solution for a house that already has ethernet cabling to it’s far corners?

What is a good WiFi 6 solution for a house that already has ethernet cabling to it’s far corners?

I currently have an Apple AirPort Extreme router that has a time machine disk connected via USB. Via Bridge Mode I have an Apple Airport Express at the other end of the house. This provides adequate, if slower, WiFi access. When cabled directly to the NetGear CM500V cable modem, computer download speeds are about 320Mbs. However, with Airport Routers, the speeds are never above 150Mbs, and usually below 100Mbs

Since I need the main router to have a USB port for the Time Machine Disk, I am wondering what the best solution for speed and through-put would be; bridge, mesh, RAMP (router as a mesh point).

We are not gamers. Just looking for faster speed and updated protocol to replace the unsupported older Apple routers.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7