× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

losing internet via WiFi but not wired.

victorwol
Aspirant

losing internet via WiFi but not wired.

So I have this router that has worked flawlesly for 11 months, 3 weeks ago I installed the latest firmware anfd the problems started....  I'm losing internet 2 or 3 times a day and I have to reboot the router to get it back. To be more precise, I'm not losing the conectivity to the router, only internet, and the devices that are wired to the router still have internet, only the ones over wifi lose it, so it is not the ISP that is failing, since wired devices never lose internet. 

Ive called support but they want me to pay to get support when the router still in warranty....  so how you exercise your right to warrany if you wont have anyone checking why the router is failing wihout paying for it???  That is like having a car with 50,000 of warranty and going to the dealership at 45,000 miles and that they tell you we will not look at why your car shuts off if you dont pays to look at it?????   

How people is getting their waranty served if no one will even take a look at your hardware without paying extra for that???

After 30 minutes in the phone witrh the lady that wanted to charge me to connect me with a technician, she agrred to connect me with one....  an hour passed and I'm still on hold with no one picking up.....

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 7
victorwol
Aspirant

Re: losing internet via WiFi but not wired.

so.....   have to call again and explain it all again becuase the first agent didnt documented anything........... Smiley Mad

Message 2 of 7
victorwol
Aspirant

well.....  after explaining everything for a second time a supervisro helped me....   but I cant helpo to wonder what is the point of having 12 months of warranty if you have to pay extra to get your product diagnosed and fixed?  that sound to me like the product actrually have only 3 months of warranty.

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

Warranty and support are 2 different things.
If a device has failed, that'd be warranty.
If its a software/user issue, its a support case. They offer 90 days of free support so people can get things up and running once its bought. But after getting everything running, they can't afford to be general consumer IT support as its expensive and the consumer networking margins are thin.
Message 4 of 7
victorwol
Aspirant

Wait a second. You are telling me that a router that cost u$600 has a thing margin??? Really??? We are not talking to give free help for people that don’t know how to use the router. I’m talking about free support for a hardware failing. Since this started after I updated the firmware and it only affect wireless devices not wired ones, it’s not a co figuration or user problem. Having a warranty and not being able to make anyone take a look without paying is absurd. It’s like not having warranty at all. Imagine calling HP because your laptop shuts off 3 times a day while is in warranty and they tell you will take a look for $89. Are we nuts???? Luckily I found a supervisor that understood this and helped with the issue. Which is still under observation.
Message 5 of 7
TrotterX
Star

Hi,

I’m getting the same issue since latest firmware update did they give you a solution at all or any answers ?

For now I have switched off air time fairness and reset the WiFi channel speeds back to default rather then them all on max which seems to have stabilised everything I’ve had no drop outs for over a week now
Message 6 of 7
victorwol
Aspirant

They made me install the latest firmware again but downloading the file in my computer not using the phone app to do it. Since then it has not happened again. Like 48 hours ago.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7