× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

mesh wifi 6 system

Scoobie
Aspirant

mesh wifi 6 system

Trying to get this set-up but wont connect to my wifi says problem connecting and net gear wont show up in network connections to connect to. sorry if dumb question but new to this.

Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

Re: mesh wifi 6 system

@Scoobie wrote:

Trying to get this set-up but wont connect to my wifi says problem connecting and net gear wont show up in network connections to connect to. sorry if dumb question but new to this.

What router do you have? 

What firmware is on it? 

What modem/gateway are you connecting it to? 

You put "won't connect to my wifi". If its a mesh system, it doesn't connect to the wifi. it broadcasts the wifi. 

maybe a bit more details and description of the issue would help?

Message 2 of 7
Scoobie
Aspirant

my modem is a sagecom and yes i have a nighthawk mesh wifi 6 system so i dont connect to the netgear wifi just stay connect to my providers wifi because did connect to netgear wifi but couldnt get on any web site and run my apps.Greatly appreciate your help im not very good with connecting modems.

Thank You 

Message 3 of 7
Scoobie
Aspirant

Hello when i use the nighthawk app to set-up netgear mesh 6 when i start it it says checking internet connection then says issues connecting with Virgin777 which is my internet provider then says go to wifi settings and join your routers wifi networkwhen i go to netgear71 wifi signal is strong but have this showing beside signal strength ! so wont connect just dont know what to do from here can yous please help.

Thank You

Message 4 of 7
plemans
Guru

Which Sagecom?

What orbi system? There's multiple wifi 6 systems.

Message 5 of 7
Scoobie
Aspirant

It is a sagecom 5566 name on modem is valerie and a netgear nighthawk mesh wifi 6 system

Message 6 of 7
plemans
Guru

The Sagemcom is a modem/router combo device. Meaning it has a router integrated with it. 

You still didn't put a netgear model. Look at the label for your device. It'll have the model number. 

Regardless, you're more than likely having a double nat because you have 2 routers running on your network. 

https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT

Options? (use 1 of these, not more)

1. Put the sagemcom in modem only/passthrough mode. Contact your isp with help for this

2. Put the netgears ip address in the sagemcom's DMZ. 

3. Put the netgear in access point mode. This disables its router functions. You can still use/control wifi/ethernet, it just leaves the sagemcom controlling the routing aspects. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7