× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

netgear nighthawk MK62 (router and satellite)

Luzron
Initiate

netgear nighthawk MK62 (router and satellite)

Hey everyone, Looking for some help with my router and satellite speeds. Currently have a Tp-link mr400 4g lte with a sim inside, which I've connected to the NIGHTHAWK mk62 to broadcast a mesh network around my house. Was wondering, if i was trying to increase wifi speeds what determines/more important to upgrade? Do i need a better Netgear system (ie perhaps a more expensive Orbi set), or do i need to upgrade my 4g lte router where the sim belongs? Appreciate any answers, really unsure how to go about it!
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: netgear nighthawk MK62 (router and satellite)

Test the speed directly off the hotspot (tplink) and see what you get. 

If thats the speed you're gettiing from the mesh system, then its the bottleneck. 

If the speed from the hotspot is more than what you're getting from the mesh system, then we start looking at settings  on the mesh system. 

So,

What speed do you get hardwired to the hotspot?

What speed do you get hardwired into the mesh system?

What speeds are you getting from the mesh system in 2.4ghz and 5ghz by the router? 

And then speeds throughout the home?

Message 2 of 3
Luzron
Initiate

Re: netgear nighthawk MK62 (router and satellite)

Hey there,

Much appreciate the response. I've just tested the wireless connections to the tp link and the mesh. They are running at identical speeds. (Ran the speed test a few times to make sure they were correct). The hardwire I'll give a try later on and check those speeds too.

Regards
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7