× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

netgear rax75 won't work from a switch

skynettriangle
Aspirant

netgear rax75 won't work from a switch

I bought one of the new Netgear AX8 routers (rax75) yesterday as I had the netgear nighthawk ac1900 and with the number of devices I have on it, the router started to die. I have a switch in my house (netgear prosafe gs105e that I have all my ethernet cables plugged into and that is where the old netgear router was connected from which worked great so my old setup was switch->netgear nighthawk ac1900. When I connected this new router directly from the switch, the router would not connect up to the internet. It would not even register an IP. The only way I got it to work was connecting it from an old router I had laying around. so it went Switch->old crappy router->new netgear ax8. When I did some investigation, I noticed, this new router needs to have an IP address generated and then handed off to it before it will do anything, unlike my old netgear nighthawk ac1900 where it would generate its own IP. Has anyone experienced this? 

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: netgear rax75 won't work from a switch

Hello skynettriangle, 

If you recently purchased the device I would recommend contacting our support team as newly purchased devices are provided with 90 days of complimentary support. You may open a ticket by registering your device using the link below. 

http://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Christian 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7