× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

network configurating

fro10987
Aspirant

network configurating

i am looking for help with my network configuration.  i am a NOVICE and only seem to know enough to get me in trouble.

i am trying to connect all of my devices that are in 2 seperate buildings on teh same network.

currently from my comtrend modem i have the signal to my netgear r6700v3  that i use teh wifi signal for building A from the netgear r6700v3 i have a wired connection to a netgear 16 port switch GS116LP in building B, which then has my devices pluuged into it along with another netgear wireless router (dont have model number at the moment).

when in building B all of my devices show up in my windows 10 network and i can access all of them but cant see any of my devices in building A and when in Building A i can see devices located in building A but none in Building B.

Can anyone help me and let me know what i need to change to make the devices accessible from both locations regardless which location i am in.

I am accessing using the wireless signal in both locations

Message 1 of 4

Re: network configurating

@fro10987 wrote:
...along with another netgear wireless router (dont have model number at the moment).

Find the model number, read the manual, work out how to put it into wireless access point (AP) mode.

You don't want two routers in a "daisy chain" like that.

If you visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

you can feed in your model number and find the documentation for your hardware.

Message 2 of 4
fro10987
Aspirant

am i correct to assume that you mean to change teh router in building b to acess point

Message 3 of 4

@fro10987 wrote:

am i correct to assume that you mean to change teh router in building b to acess point

Yes. I would have put in the model number, but you did not know it.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7