× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: nighthawk ax6600 5g2 no good

compguygo
Aspirant

nighthawk ax6600 5g2 no good

I have a nighthawk AX6600 all my devices work fine on 5g but when I but any one on 5g2 they will hardly work slow real slow. Put back on 5g work fine. Why buy a triband router if 5g2 not work. Am I doing something wrong.it is same with windows ten laptop,iphone,ipad all same.

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

What firmware are you on? 

Have you tried a factory reset and reinstall? The RAX devices were released before the AX spec was even finalized so have responded well to factory resets and clean installs. 

Message 2 of 7
compguygo
Aspirant

i just got it saturday 1/23/21 and it has the newest firmware updated sunday i may need to return how could something this expensive not work for tri band not good

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

What actual version are you on? It changes frequently and it can help others viewing this post or if the forum is being watched by moderators. 

What modem is it connected to? 

Did you try the factory reset? 

What speeds do you get hardwired? 

And what speeds do you get in each band? 

how are you testing? 

Message 4 of 7
compguygo
Aspirant

spectrum

no i just set it up sat

190mps

same

speed test

firmware v1.0.2.88

it test fine for speed but when i use pc windows ten or iphone-12 or ipad air 4gen they just set there with a white page but work fine when on 5g they all will set up with either one but take 2min on 5g2 to get a page load yet tests show same on all.

Message 5 of 7
plemans
Guru

@compguygo wrote:

spectrum---which model? 

no i just set it up sat---try the factory reset and clean reinstall. 

190mps

same

speed test

firmware v1.0.2.88

it test fine for speed but when i use pc windows ten or iphone-12 or ipad air 4gen they just set there with a white page but work fine when on 5g they all will set up with either one but take 2min on 5g2 to get a page load yet tests show same on all.----so once its loads the page it runs at full speed? It just has a delay in loading the page? 

Message 6 of 7
compguygo
Aspirant

so is this router a dud and for triband just a joke i thought with tri band i could split up my stuff but useless 5g2 what could make it not work is this router defective

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7