× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

rAX120 stops logging Port Scans and Dos Attacks

Killhippie
Prodigy

rAX120 stops logging Port Scans and Dos Attacks

AFter a pretty heavy series of port scans from a IP recently my RAX120 has suddenty packed up scanning port scans and wht it tinks are Dos Attacks, I know some turn this feature off but I leave it on, and it helped me discover Hetzner were doing a mass poirt scan. Thing things is on both the Beta firmware and the new 1.0.1.108 firmware after a few days up the router will still log DHCP requets, router logins and loss of internet etc but no Port scans, I know this router is buggy but this is simple stuff that should just work. The only way to get the logging to work again is to reboot the router, not something I'm going to do every few days.

Im not sure if its the length of the logs as this attack was pretty big, and the comany behind the IP are aware of it, or if its how many times you login, or if its QoS that causes it, All in all really annoying. Any ideas would be great, I have reported this back to Netgear.

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
Killhippie
Prodigy

Re: rAX120 stops logging Port Scans and Dos Attacks

Once again sorry for typos, Im disabled and on heavy painkillers (morphine) which cause lapses in concentration. I hope you get the idea of what I meant in my poist.

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7