× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

rax120 in AP mode blocks internet

al1brn
Follower

rax120 in AP mode blocks internet

Hi all,

I recently acquired a RAX120 Nighthawk Router. I set up it in AP Mode behind a Orange Livebox. I need to keed the LiveBox as my main router since my NAS and other decices are connected to It through ethernet.

But devices connected to the AP in Wifi have pb to connect to internet. It seems that the router acts as a "Man In the Middle" which makes the link unsecure. Sonos equipment also can encounter problems. I put an example of connection problem on my iPhone.

The Router firmware is up to date (last firmware version). I made a reboot before posting this problem.

Note that I have a older Netgear R6700V3 which is also configured in AP mode without problem. 

It seems that other prople encounter this kind of problem. It is not clear to me if there is as solution and, if yes, what it is.

BR

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: rax120 in AP mode blocks internet

Hi al1brn,

If you recently purchased the device I would recommend contacting our support team as newly purchased devices are provided with 90 days of complimentary support. You may open a ticket by registering your device using the link below. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Christian 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7