× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

rax20 when plugging in modem to router my computer gets internet but router amber stays on

walla1
Initiate

rax20 when plugging in modem to router my computer gets internet but router amber stays on

Message 1 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: rax20 when plugging in modem to router my computer gets internet but router amber stays on

Funnily enough i was planning on making a topic about this as i have the exact same thing, ever since i've owned the RAX20 the amber light randomly comes on and stays on until you do a factory reboot and nothing is showing in logs after the amber light has come on.

My RAX20 has had about 3 firmware upgrades and multiple factory resets since i've owned it and it still randomly comes on?

Message 2 of 4
walla1
Initiate

Re: rax20 when plugging in modem to router my computer gets internet but router amber stays on

New RAX20 that I can't get to connect to my network by Spectrum cable modem.  I've gone through the rebooting procedure and either the router amber goes off and I get no internet on my computer or it stays on and I do get internet on the computer.  This is preventing my login to Netgear to setup the router.  I can't understand how I get my network through the router without it recognizing it.  Every time I try to use router login or the ISP in the browser it fails to connect.  How do I correct this very frustrating problem?  The Nighthawk app wont work- gets an error.  I tried calling the support phone and I get a guy who winds up trying to sell me a network firewall in order to hook up my router.  My Win10 already has a network firewall built in.  The support phone number was in the Nighthawk app.  

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

What modem/gateway is it connected to? 

What led is amber? 
If its a new device, you can contact support. 

To get a hold of support. Click on "MyNetgear" at the top.
Register an account (or login) and then the device.
From there you can start the support process. Keep in mind that its only free for the first 90 days.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7