× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

rax200

wichestery2k
Aspirant

rax200

hey guys I have a rax 200 and I know there is a few port to connect the modem ethernet to... which one will give me the best speed performance... I have a 1gb service with spectrum and I'm only getting 600mbps wirelessly how can I optimize it to get the most speed out og it? I have already set up diferrent channels than all my neighbors!

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: rax200

@wichestery2k wrote:

hey guys I have a rax 200 and I know there is a few port to connect the modem ethernet to... which one will give me the best speed performance... I have a 1gb service with spectrum and I'm only getting 600mbps wirelessly how can I optimize it to get the most speed out og it? I have already set up diferrent channels than all my neighbors!

600mbps over wireless is pretty good depending on what device you're testing with. That's kind of the key when it comes to wireless devices. The RAX is capable of faster speeds but most devices can't take advantage of them. Or even if they're a AX compatible device, they're only a 1x1 or 2x2 antenna arrangement. 

what speeds are you getting hardwired into the RAX? 

and what device are you testing with? 

Message 2 of 4
wichestery2k
Aspirant

I have intel ax200 wireless cards and 1650ax killer network  when I had my services at 400mbs I was getting over 460mbps

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

depending on location in comparision to the router, you might be hitting about right. 

I've got the RAX200 and an intel AX200. I've got a wall (sheetrock/wood) and about 15 ft from my router. I routinely hit 650-700mbps over wireless depending on what else is going on with my network.

You have to keep in mind that link speed isn't the same as throughput speed. as well as speeds drop off quickly over 5ghz based on distance and objects in the way. 

Both the AX200 and 1650AX are 2x2 antenna configurations. so even at the best of times are only going to connect at the link speed of 2400mbps. At that's if everything is optimal. 

here's more info on link speed/throughput speed.

https://www.duckware.com/tech/wifi-in-the-us.html

and here's smallnetbuilders testing some of the current generation AX devices.  Smallnetbuilder does some pretty great testing. this is just to give you an idea of everything going on

https://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireless/wireless-reviews/33220-wi-fi-6-performance-roundup-five-rou...

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7