× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

rax70 internet speed decreases overnight until reboot

philc11
Aspirant

rax70 internet speed decreases overnight until reboot

Im using firmware V1.0.1.78 and this is the "latest" today 23Nov20.  At reboot, internet upload and download speeds are great ~ 300MBps or more...after a few hours or overnight, we see a drop to 15-20MBps until reboot (then its back to normal).  How do I read the logs to figure out the problem or where else should I start?  I was on hold for hours last week and the "next level" or level 2 tech was supposed to call back (they did not).  This week, I called back as did my wife for hours and we just kept getting a new level 1 tech person who could not think past the prescribed script diagnostics.  Can anybody help before I pull out my hair and take this back to best buy?? lol....seriously, any suggestions?

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: rax70 internet speed decreases overnight until reboot

what modem is it connected to? 

When the speed is dropping, are you connected to 2.4ghz or 5ghz? 

does wired speeds drop as well or just wireless?

Message 2 of 6
philc11
Aspirant

Cable modem model cm1200 connected to the AX6600 (RAX70) wireless router .  Wireless speed on both 2.4 and 5 are slow after a period and I cannot directly connect to either the model or router (plugging in an ethernet cable does not work once the speed decreases).

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

Are you using wan port aggregation between the RAX and the CM1200?

Message 4 of 6
philc11
Aspirant

I am not sure....the Ethernet Port Aggregation is Enabled (LACP-IEEE 802.3ad) (Port 1 & 2) but the status is "Ethernet Port Aggregation Status: Inactive" .  All of this is from the CM1200 http://192.168.100.1 access.  The router http://192.168.1.1 controls show

WAN Preference   WAN aggregation (1 Gbps + 1 Gbps)
Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

Disable wan port aggregation on both the router and the modem. 

The cm1200's port aggregation seemed like it always had issues. its only really a benefit if you have greater than gig service. 

Once disabled, reboot the modem and the router. Just have the 1 connection from cm1200 to the router. (port 1 on cm1200).

Don't plug anything else into the cm1200 .

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7