× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

recent update rax40

gs550t1981
Tutor

recent update rax40

I did the update the router called for and now I need to reset the router atleast 5 times a day to get it working again. B4 the update it was fine. I am working from home right now so its kind of a big deal for it to work right. Is there a way to downgrade the firmware? Thanks
Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 12
microchip8
Master

Re: recent update rax40

Go to https://www.netgear.com/support/download/ and put your model in (RAX40). You'll see download options for all firmware version on the right side of the page. Pick the one that's working for you and flash it

Message 2 of 12
plemans
Guru

Before downgrading, I'd actually factory reset the router and reinstall it. The RAX devices have gotten quite a few changes with the firmware updates and have responded well to a full factory reset and reinstall. That might help with your issue before trying the downgrade process. 

I'm thinking you maybe meant that you were rebooting the router. Not resetting. 

Message 3 of 12
gs550t1981
Tutor

Yes. I was just unplugging it. How do I do a full reset?
Message 4 of 12
plemans
Guru

You can do it through the gui menu or using the hardwired button.

menu----navigate to advanced-----administration-----backup-----erase

hardwired-push and hold reset while powered on for 7-15 seconds. 

Message 5 of 12

I have had disconnects and devices claiming 5ghzs has no internet on the prior firmware and this one. Did full factor reset before both. Guru, do you have any tips. I went through netgear support and nothing fixed this. I may bite the bullet and do a different brand. Never had a router so buggy in my life. Always used Netgear...
Message 6 of 12
plemans
Guru

@scott2003lhs I see you've started your own thread and even had a moderator responding to you. Did you contact them for assistance? 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Routers-with-WiFi-6-AX/RAX-40-5ghz-useless/m-p/1911632/th...

Message 7 of 12

Yes. They contacted me and took me through steps even losing newest firmware with full resets. It didn’t fix the issue. I know the software teams are working hard, but given the amount of people with similar issues and threads, I wish a mod would give us an estimated time for a fix. I can’t keep having disconnects working at home and having to reboot the router.
Message 8 of 12
plemans
Guru

Maybe its a bad device. 

I'd recommend posting on your original post. Your issue could be different than the OP's and confuse their issue. Plus you've already got the moderator that'll get notices about your post on there. 

Message 9 of 12

Thanks. I will 🙂
Message 10 of 12
JACKSFCA
Initiate

I'm having the same issues, after a day or so the router drops wifi connections,  If I try hardwire I get no ip address, although I get link lights on Network adapter, Lights are on for power, internet and 2,4 and 5 ghz. I also found it boardcast the ssid, but when I tried to connect it say wrong password, then I lost all ssid discovery of the router 2.4 of 5 ghz. I have done factroy resets multipe times with the reset botton, and via the gui. I using the to work from home. This is very, bad. We need a fix, either roll back to working version of firm ware, or something. Replace the router with another device of different device, asap. I would like support from netgear to address my problem.

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 11 of 12
gs550t1981
Tutor

What a pain in the ass..... won't they just fix this already with a new update?
Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7