× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

recurring RAX Connection Issues

FestiFiGreg
Follower

recurring RAX Connection Issues

Recently puchased RAX40 and am experiecing a strange recurring connection issues requiring a reset every few days to repair. 

Before I start, I just want to mention the Nighthawk app was pretty much useless.  If it was able to connect at all, it would say router was not connected to the Internet when in fact it was.  To configure the Nighthawk, I had to hard wire in via ethernet cable and login via web browser.

Once setup and reset, all devices are able to connect with no issues.  However, a few days later devices that disconnect from the network and reconnect (e.g. cell phones, laptops) get into a "connected but no internet" state.  The devices show WiFi is connected and devices have IP addresses (via DHCP), but no internet access.  Logging into the Nighthawk shows Internet is GOOD status, and in fact, TVs, playstation, office desktop PC (devices that never disconnected) are still wokring.

A reset of the Nighthawk restores connectivity to all devices, but if my housemate is on a zoom call or playing online, etc means I am unable to connect my laptop or phone until system reset.   I don't think we've gone more than three days before the happens again.

Message 1 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: recurring RAX Connection Issues

Hello FestiFiGreg,

If you recently purchased the device I would recommend contacting our support team as newly purchased devices are provided with 90 days of complimentary support. You may open a ticket by registering your device using the link below. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Christian 

Message 2 of 3
Mickatroid
Aspirant

Re: recurring RAX Connection Issues

I took mine back to the shop over issues like this. RAX50 works just fine.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7