× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: router questions

spetrovich55
Aspirant

router questions

SO, I just set this RAX35 up ysterday...and I am scanning through thw 2.4GHz connected devices...and I cannot figure out someohting...Devices are not showing up with the same MAC address on the router as they actually have.  IE when I look at the wifi MAC address of a tablet I have connected, the tablet shows one MAC address, and IP address, but when I go to the routers connected devices, and look at the IP address,  the device connected to that AP show up as a tablet, but with a different MAC address.

How is this possible...I am in the IT world...so I kinda know how MAC address' work...and Ive never heard of some sort of MAC masking that a device could do...or why it would do it, if it could even do it...

And then I notice that some devices seem to change names...why?

It says I have a Apple ipad connected, and I only own one ipad, and its never been connected...so I just seem to be having some confusion here...

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: router questions

Hello spetrovich55,

If you recently purchased the device I would recommend contacting our support team as newly purchased devices are provided with 90 days of complimentary support. You may open a ticket by registering your device using the link below. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Christian 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7