× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

slow upload from a wireless bridge connected to my nighthawk

sbear
Aspirant

slow upload from a wireless bridge connected to my nighthawk

I bought an RAX50 so that I could convert my old Linksys WRT1900 into a wifi bridge. I have a PC connected to this wifi bridge via ethernet. Im getting nominal download speeds but my upload is almost NIL (<1mbps) when it is normally 15mbps for all other devices. I also had no issues getting normal upload speeds back when the WRT was functioning as my primary router and the PC was connected to it via ethernet.

Some online research suggests that the issue could lie with my primary router, which is the nighthawk. but I dont know what could be the issue. The firmware is the latest version.

Message 1 of 3
sbear
Aspirant

Re: slow upload from a wireless bridge connected to my nighthawk

in a separate issue with the wifi bridge, I can only see the bridge as an "attached device" but I cant see the PC?

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: slow upload from a wireless bridge connected to my nighthawk

do all devices have the slowdown or only the devices connected to the wireless bridge? 

If everything else is working as expected and just not the devices wired into the bridge, it makes me thing the bridge is the issue. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7