× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: some AX20 specs worse than AX12?

coyote3
Guide

some AX20 specs worse than AX12?

I'm surprised to see some of the specs listed for the newly-announced Tri-band RAX200 are not as good as the soon-to-be-available (fingers crossed) Dual-band RAX120.

CPU:
AX12: 64-bit quad-core 2.2GHz
AX20: 64-bit quad-core 1.8GHz

Best Ethernet port:

AX12: "5G/2.5G/1G Multi-Gig Ethernet LAN port"
AX20: "One (1) 2.5G/1Gbps Multi-Gig port"

WPA3:
AX12: Yes
AX20: No

No problem for me since I don't need the AX20's third band's bandwidth*, and I need to replace my current router fast because this week it (mostly) broke.

*which if I understand is the difference since the AX20 has a pair of 5GHz 4x4 and the AX12 has one 5GHz 8x8.

Model: RAX120| AX6000 - Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Broadcom vs. Qualcomm platform ... that's where the differences are coming from. Broadcom seems to have some backlog on WAP3, while Qualcomm has it. Probably no spare PCIe lanes for adding an Multigig AQR111 on the Broadcom platform, too - so probably just what BCM has available on the SoC.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Broadcom vs. Qualcomm platform ... that's where the differences are coming from. Broadcom seems to have some backlog on WAP3, while Qualcomm has it. Probably no spare PCIe lanes for adding an Multigig AQR111 on the Broadcom platform, too - so probably just what BCM has available on the SoC.

Message 2 of 3
coyote3
Guide

thank you very much for the great answer, schumaku!  That possibility never occurred to me; I'm happy this is such a great community!

Model: RAX120| AX6000 - Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7